WEC Trek is the short-term mission program of WEC New Zealand. We partner with individuals and churches who wish to send their people overseas, anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 years. Because our workers are serving in over 80 nations, there’s a huge range of opportunities to engage with God’s global purposes. Note: If you do not live in NZ contact the nearest WEC sending base for information about their short-term programme.
WEC Trek’s aim is to provide you with an opportunity to learn what is involved in sharing Christ cross-culturally, and to explore whether God is leading you towards longer-term involvement, near or far. We can provide everything from training, to mentors, to debriefing.
This could be for you if you…
- want to learn how to have God’s mission at the core of your life
- are thinking about cross-cultural ministry yourself
- support a WEC worker and want to better grasp their world
- are interested in learning about least access/reached peoples
- are only able to utilize your professional skills for a defined period
- need help in training people for cross-cultural ministries
WEC Trek’s flexible programme always seeks to find the best fit between people and placement. So what are you waiting for?
WEC Trek offers two main programs:
- Our individual programme offers individualized placements alongside experienced WEC workers. These placement opportunities are between three weeks to twelve months in length.
- Team opportunities exist for you to join a team of four to ten people (with an experienced team leader) assisting WEC workers in a variety of ministries around the world. Teams typically last between three to five weeks.
All Trekkers must have the following qualifications:
- be at least 18 years old
- have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- have a servant heart
- have a flexible attitude
- have the necessary qualifications for their desired ministry